Learning about yourself spiritually and energetically is a fundamental aspect of spiritual growth. The more we investigate our own realities, the more inspiration, passion, and confidence we feel to begin making changes.
These are books that I have read and courses that I have taken, and highly recommend to others. I am always reading and learning as much as I can, so check back for updates to this list.
Some of these are affiliate links; to learn more about our affiliates, click here.
Gaining Confidence and Strengthening the Solar Plexus Chakra
Unconditional Confidence By Pema Chodron
Unconditional Confidence offers two accessible sessions to help anyone find courage in times of challenge and change. Featuring a three-step method for learning to work with uncertainty and fear and an exclusive interview, this liberating program offers practical tools and teachings that explore:
- True confidence—and how to cultivate the trust that makes it possible
- “Shaky tenderness,” the first step to developing strong and consistent bravery
- Practical steps to “leap into, smile at, and experience all of life”—even when fear is present
“For us to be of benefit to each other—in times of challenge or any other—we need to be able to tap into genuine confidence,” teaches Pema. Unconditional Confidence offers timeless wisdom and inspiration for developing this courageous skill for whatever life presents us. (Click here for current pricing)
Is vulnerability the same as weakness? “In our culture,” teaches Dr. Brené Brown, “we associate vulnerability with emotions we want to avoid such as fear, shame, and uncertainty. Yet we too often lose sight of the fact that vulnerability is also the birthplace of joy, belonging, creativity, authenticity, and love.”
On The Power of Vulnerability, Dr. Brown offers an invitation and a promise—that when we dare to drop the armor that protects us from feeling vulnerable, we open ourselves to the experiences that bring purpose and meaning to our lives. Here she dispels the cultural myth that vulnerability is weakness and reveals that it is, in truth, our most accurate measure of courage.
- Cultivating shame resilience—the key to developing a sense of worth and belonging
- Vulnerability as the origin point for innovation, adaptability, accountability, and visionary leadership
- Our emotional armory—how we use perfectionism, numbing, and other tactics to avoid feeling vulnerable
- The myths of vulnerability—common misconceptions about weakness, trust, and self-sufficiency
- Discovering your vulnerability armor—recognizing what makes us shut down, and how we can change
- The 10 guideposts of wholehearted living—essential skills for becoming fully engaged in life
- Six hours of stories, warm humor, and transformative insights for living a life of courage, authenticity, and compassion from Dr. Brené Brown
(Click here for current pricing)
Rising Strong As a Spiritual Practice By Brene Brown
In Rising Strong as a Spiritual Practice, Brené offers an in-depth exploration of this key aspect of wholehearted living, including:
- The spiritual dimension of the Rising Strong process: the Reckoning, the Rumble, and the Revolution
- A sense of belonging—how spirituality encourages us to be ourselves instead of trying to change in order to fit in
- Why the sense of perspective provided by a spiritual practice helps us find meaning and purpose
- “Are we doing the best we can?”—How faith in humanity can help us become more compassionate and less judgmental
- Why the spiritual understanding of death and rebirth are invaluable in the process of forgiveness
In Rising Strong as a Spiritual Practice, Brené defines spirituality as something not reliant on religion, theology, or dogma—rather, it is a belief in our interconnectedness and in a loving force greater than ourselves. Whether you access the sacred through traditional worship, solitary meditation, communion with nature, or creative pursuits, one thing is clear: cultivating your own approach to spirituality gives you an irreplaceable resource to help you persevere through hard times and arise stronger and wiser than before. (Click here for current pricing)
Analyzing Your Dreams
Dream Gates takes you through a complete training course for the inner adventurer, where you will learn through guided dream inductions and exercises how to traverse the uncharted expanses of dream reality. What are the keys to conscious dreaming? How can you develop your powers of dream precognition? What are the most effective ways to tap your dreams for insight, creativity, and healing? In this expansive 12-session workshop, you will develop dream skills for embarking on routes to other worlds, tracking down hidden knowledge, and returning with it to waking life.
Click here for audio samples and to check current pricing
On Dreams: Language of the Soul, Marion Woodman turns her attention to the world of dreams, their collective patterns and interpretation. Acclaimed for her work as an author and Jungian analyst specializing in feminine psychology, Woodman describes how the very destiny of the soul is directed through dreams. In rich detail, she helps us explore the images, myths, and metaphors that express our collective concerns, and grasp how dreams allow us to navigate and fathom the future.
In a noteworthy sequence, Woodman points to a collective dream pattern she has detected: the roaring to life of a vast feminine force. This “Black Madonna” archetype symbolizes the matriarchal soul, and it is related to the fate of the earth itself. Listening to Woodman is like listening to a poet: we are able to feel the meaning of her words, both emotionally and intellectually.
Dreams: Language of the Soul is a highly informative interview session with one of the world’s leading Jungian analysts. (Click her for current pricing)
Dream Yoga: Illuminating Your Life Through Lucid Dreaming and the Tibetan Yogas of Sleep
Can anyone awaken in their dreams and explore their true depths? For decades, this gifted author and instructor has launched spiritual dream travelers from all beliefs and backgrounds into the magical world of dreams—even those who have never meditated or had a lucid dream. Dream Yoga brings the best from modern science and Tibetan wisdom to offer you this extraordinary opportunity. With expert guidance you’ll learn everything you need to know to penetrate the mysteries of the night, including:
- Meditations for calming and clarifying your mind
- How to have lucid dream states naturally using Tibetan practices and contemporary dream induction techniques
- Practical tips for overcoming common obstacles, enhancing dream recall, working with nightmares, and gleaning insights from your dreams
- Bringing your skills together to explore the deepest dimensions of awakened consciousness
Each night you touch into the possibility of enlightenment. With Dream Yoga you will emerge from the darkness of ignorance into the luminous experience of awakening—in every moment, day or night. (Click here to check current pricing to and listen to an audio sample)